1. Program: Structure
2. Weblink: http://pritch.bsd.uchicago.edu/structure_software/release_versions/v2.3.3/html/structure.html
3. Version number : 2.3.3
4. Licence type: free
5. Operating System: Linux, Solaris, Windows 9x - XP, Mac OS X (SUN - without Front End)
6. General purpose of the program: "The program structure is a free software package for using multi-locus genotype data to investigate population structure. Its uses include inferring the presence of distinct populations, assigning individuals to populations, studying hybrid zones, identifying migrants and admixed individuals, and estimating population allele frequencies in situations where many individuals are migrants or admixed. It can be applied to most of the commonly-used genetic markers, including SNPS, microsatellites, RFLPs and AFLPs." as quoted from the homepage.
7. Original article (reference): Pritchard, Stephens, Donelly (2000): Inference of Population Structure Using Multilocus Genotype Data. Genetics.
8. Quoting article(s):
9. Articles criticizing/discussing the program/algorithm: None.
10. Functions: Estimation of population genetic structure for multi-locus genotype data.
11. Data Format input file (example file):
12. Importable data formats:
13. Exportable data formats: .
14. Documentation (manuals): http://pritch.bsd.uchicago.edu/structure_software/release_versions/v2.3.3/structure_doc.pdf
15. Limitation in handled amount of data:
16. Keywords: population structure
Introduction and Aim
Download, installation and starting of the program
Bugs, problems and workarounds
Results and interpretation
Criticism and other programs